An employee of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration was fired for serious dishonesty in his work, the Department of Labor and Employment said.
The DOLE said its legal service recommended Roland Quintos, who holds the rank of Labor and Employment Officer II, dismissed from the service.
It also recommended the cancellation of eligibility, forfeiture of retirement benefits, and perpetual disqualification for holding public office as well as barring from taking civil service examinations.
Investigation showed Quintos demanded money from Edielyn Vega, Belinda Fausto, Susan Carbonilla, Maria Rina Rilla, and Florence Fajardo for the return of their travel documents.
Quintos was also found issuing and validating the Overseas Employment Certificate of Nora Macaampao without her personal appearance at the Labor Assistance Center (LAC).
He was also found processing the OECs of Victoria Lague, Cornelia Anino, and Lotchie Ponce when he was off-duty, and allowing Maria Rina Rilla, and Florence Fajardo to linger at the airport after their apprehension.
- RAISSA ROBLES SINISIRA ANG IMAHE NG PILIPINAS
- Maharlika, Sinupalpal si Raissa Robles sa Pagkakalat ng Kasinungalingan
- WATCH: RAISSA ROBLES, SUPALPAL NA NAMAN! (FULL VIDEO)
- Mayor Sara Duterte muling binanatan si Senador Trillanes: “Magsabi ka kung nagsisinungaling ka o hindi. Sinungaling kasi”
- Launch of Tapang at Malasakit Alliance for the Philippines