Former President and now Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has thrown her full support behind President Rodrigo Duterte even if some of his plans have been the subject of controversy. Facing reporters at the Veterans Memorial Medical Center Wednesday (August 10), Arroyo was asked for her reaction to the impending hero’s burial for the late strongman Ferdinand Marcos. In response, the former President said: “To answer you issue by issue, that as a strategic direction I believe we should support the administration’s initiatives. That will be my answer to everything you ask me.” Arroyo previously thanked Duterte “for allowing due process to take its course totally unhampered” after the Supreme Court junked the plunder case against her in connection with the alleged misuse of P366-million in intelligence funds of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) last July. The former President’s political party, the Lakas-Christian Muslim Democrats (Lakas-CMD), is also part of the supermajority coalition in the House of Representatives led by Duterte’s Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban).
- RAISSA ROBLES SINISIRA ANG IMAHE NG PILIPINAS
- Maharlika, Sinupalpal si Raissa Robles sa Pagkakalat ng Kasinungalingan
- WATCH: RAISSA ROBLES, SUPALPAL NA NAMAN! (FULL VIDEO)
- Mayor Sara Duterte muling binanatan si Senador Trillanes: “Magsabi ka kung nagsisinungaling ka o hindi. Sinungaling kasi”
- Launch of Tapang at Malasakit Alliance for the Philippines